About The International Day for the Unreached
“If the Great Commission is true, our plans are not too big; they are too small.” – Pat Morley
The International Day for the Unreached is all about two things:
- Us – As followers of Christ, we have a God-given mandate to take the gospel to those who have never heard it.
- Them – There are still more than 2 billion people who have not heard the name of Jesus, don’t understand who He is, or have access to His word.
The purpose for the International Day for the Unreached is to educate, inspire and motivate believers in North America to take a stand on behalf of those who have yet to hear the Good News. Then we all need to do what God has equipped us to do to make sure everyone has a chance to meet Jesus.
What We Believe
Just before Jesus ascended back to the throne of the Father, He left us with two final messages.
“All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:16-20
“…but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.” Acts 1:8
Both of these messages had to do with our responsibility to take the gospel to those have never heard. The unreached mean everything to God. They need to mean everything to us as well.
THE MANIFESTO FOR THE UNREACHED
- Unengaged and Unreached People – We refuse to stand idly by as people enter eternity without Christ when we can share the good news that transforms them through any means possible. (Acts 5:40-42)
- The Weak and Infirm – We refuse to watch people for whom Christ died suffer in pain and poverty when
we can help restore them in His name. (1 John 3: 17-18)
- The Resistant – We refuse to fear the darkness that entraps people when common sense says, “protect yourself.” We will put on the armor of God and pray fervently for the sake of the unreached.
(Ephesians 6: 10-20)
- Partnership – We will release what God has given us to empower others to multiply God’s kingdom
through The gifts He has given them. (Romans 12 :4-5)
- Technology – We will leverage, to the best of our ability, God’s gift of technology to reveal His eternal
wisdom to those who have never heard the name of Jesus. (Habakkuk 2: 2-3, 2 Timothy 4:2)
- Resources – We will employ every resource, talent and ounce of energy God gives us to shine the light of
His grace into the darkest recesses of the planet. (Matthew 25: 14-30)
- Declaration – We will shout from every peak, pinnacle and rooftop that the only hope for this dying world
is a relationship with Jesus Christ. (Psalm 96: 2-5, Acts 4:12)
- Summary – As long as God provides His abundant grace, we will not stop or be deterred from this calling. We work relentlessly for the day when a gaze around the expanse of heaven reveals thousands
worshipping at Jesus’ feet because of the mission He gave us for this moment in eternity.
(Revelation 5: 9-10)